07 October 2008

Yea, I'm one of those Apple freaks.


Okay, you guys know I'm a huge fan of Apple products, right? I suppose detractors (read PC die-hards) would call me a "fanboy." Well, maybe guilty as charged. But I think I've got good reason. Yes, I buy Apple products, I've been to multiple MacWorlds in San Francisco in January, and yes, I've been to the Keynote, where Steve Jobs comes out in jeans and black turtleneck and demonstrates new products.

iphone - Google Image SearchI remember a year ago January, walking out of the big room at the Moscone Center, and calling my wife on my soon-to-be-retired Blackberry announced that I was SO ordering an iPhone. Last year, I came out and told her I was SO ordering a MacBook Air (which I'm writing this on, by the way). You get the idea.

There are those who have problems with Apple service. I've heard and read about them. But I have to say, I really haven't had any trouble that I didn't bring on my self. A couple weeks ago, in fact, I was out of town on business and found that a small strip of the touchscreen on my first generation iPhone no longer registered any touches. Everything worked, as long as I didn't have to call anyone with a 7, 8 or 9 in their phone number. Problem.

Second problem was, in talking to Customer Care from the airport on the way back, I found that a repair would cost $199, since my phone (purchased on day 2 of release in 2007) was out of warranty. Ironically, $199 is the price of the new iPhone. Oh well, though I was perfectly happy with my first gen iPhone, and resisted the upgrade to the 3G phone when it came out recently, that meant I would HAVE to upgrade. Bummer :-)

But not so. When I made the appointment with the Mac Genius at the Chandler Apple Store, I found that even though the warrenty had expired, my Genius took care of me and reaching into the cabinet behind the bar, he took out a new iPhone and swapped it out.

Uh...Great!

So, I guess I have to complain that Apple didn't live up to their promise, and actually replaced my defective iPhone at no cost, even though it was well out of warranty. Which robbed me of HAVING to upgrade to the 3G iPhone. Argggg!
 

About

The world is changing. The web is changing. We're just along for the ride. Dedicated to Knowledge Sharing...!!!

Knowzine Copyright © 2010 Community is Designed by Bie